These types of solid waste are not accepted in our dumpster containers:
- Appliances with Freon
- Chemotherapeutic waste
- Drums, barrels, buckets and other containers unless lids have been removed and interiors are cleaned and free of residue in accordance with The Authority's "Empty Container Policy"
- Explosive and ordnance materials
- Gas cylinders, unless empty and delivered separate from other solid waste
- Hazardous waste
- Infectious/pathological or biological waste. For more information regarding the Authority's "Medical Waste Disposal Policy" call 614-871-5100.
- Liquid waste, including motor oil and water-based paint*
- Lead acid batteries
- Motor vehicles and major motor vehicle parts such as:
- Agricultural and farm machinery and equipment
- Large equipment or machinery
- Marine vessels and major parts thereof
- Rear ends
- Springs and fenders
- Petroleum contaminated soils, (May be accepted with approval of Executive Director)
- Poles with attached concrete and/or fencing of any kind with attached concrete
- No metal fencing in a mixed load
- Radioactive materials
- Whole or shredded tires
* Water-based paints must be dried out before being disposed of in the landfill.
For more information on what is acceptable or not, please visit the SWACO and Delaware County Transfer Station websites.